Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WH Questions

WH questions ask for information.  They are different than
Yes/No questions
.
There are 6 different WH question words:
QuestionAnswerExample
WhatThingWhat is that?
WhenTimeWhen is the game?
WhoPersonWho do you live with?
WherePlaceWhere do you live?
WhyReasonWhy are you happy?
HowDirections/FeelingsHow are you?

STRUCTUREWH questions in simple present use “do” or “be”:WH Questions with "do"WH   +   DO/DOES   +   SUBJECT    +   VERBExamples:        
  • Where do you work?
  • Where does she live?
  • When do you wake up?

WH Questions with "be"WH   +   BE    +    SUBJECTExamples:        
  • Where are you from?
  • Who is that man?
  • When is your class?

WH Questions are similar to  
YES/NO questions except they have WH words at the start.
Examples:
  • Are you from Canada?
  • Where are you from?
Here are some example questions and answers:
  • Where are you from?
  • I am from Japan.

  • What is your name?
  • My name is Jacob.

  • When do you wake up?
  • I wake up at 7:30 am.

  • Why are you angry?
  • I am angry because I did not pass my exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment