Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Simple Future

The future tense in English is formed in two ways:
1.  Will
2.  Going to
Will 

Subject + will + base verb + object
  • I will go to work tomorrow.
  • They will eat seafood for dinner.

Will is
always followed by a base verb.
  • I sing.
  • He sings.
  • I will sing.
  • He will sing.

Contractions with
Will 

I will                   I`ll
You will             You`ll
He will               He`ll
She will              She`ll
It will                  It`ll
We will              We`ll
They will            They`ll

Going to 
Subject + verb to be + going to + base verb + object
  • I am going to eat pizza for dinner.
  • He is going to go to work tomorrow.
  • They are going to have a party on Saturday.

Notice how the verb
"to be" must agree with its subject.

QUESTIONS
 For questions in the simple future, change the subject and the auxiliary verb.
  • Will you come to the party?
  • Will she go to work tomorrow?
  • Are you going to come to the party?
  • Is he going to play soccer tonight?

NEGATIVES

 For negatives in the simple future, use "not".
  • I will not cook dinner tonight.
  • I am not going to cook dinner tonight.

Contraction:will not  =  won't
  • I won't go to the party tomorrow.
  • Greg won't like the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment