Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Subject and Object Pronouns

Pronouns replace nouns.  There are 2 main types of
pronouns:
  • Subject
  • Object
Subject Pronouns 
Subject pronouns go at the beginning of the sentence.
They go before the verb.

Subject        +        Verb        +        Object

Example:
  • He likes hockey.
  • I live in Paris.

There are 6 subject pronouns:

IYou
HeShe
ItWe
They

I - Self
  • I like pizza.

You - Other
  • You are tall.

He - Man
  • Daniel is from Mexico
  • He is from Mexico.

She - Female
  • Jane is happy.
  • She is happy.

It - Things
  • The computer is black.
  • It is black.

We - I and other people
  • David and I are hungry.
  • We are hungry.

They - Other people (plural)
  • Tim and Kelly are from Canada.
  • They are form Canada.

Object Pronouns 

Object pronouns go after the verb.

Example:
  • The man lives with her.
  • The boy broke it.

Here is a list of the object pronouns:
Me
You
Him
Her
It
Us
Them

No comments:

Post a Comment